Google’s new PMAX ad unit packs a powerful AI punch TO DRIVE MORE FOOT TRAFFIC TO YOUR STORE TRY THIS NEW AD TYPE FROM GOOGLE
What is Performance Max?
Performance Max (PMAX) disburses ads across all of Google’s partner networks (Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Search, Display, Discover, etc.) from one campaign and is geared at driving in-store activities like calls, store directions, and store visits.
Performance Max is an ad type which takes advantage of Google’s machine learning to serve ads based on the goal you set up. Want more calls or driving directions? You set that as the goal and it serves the ads in the channels the customers who are most likely to visit (based on their Google search behavior/usage of channels.) It can look like a Google Display ad, a Youtube ad, a Maps ad and more. It combines many ad types into one and Google decides where to serve it to get the best results. All of the ads have a call to action to “Get Directions”, plus a map, your address, an offer you decide upon, a link to your Google Business Profile page and more. This encourages users to easily get directions right to your store.
Why would I run it/what’s the benefit??
- This is excellent to run in addition to the current digital strategy run for you through NEAG during promotional periods.
- Geared at getting calls, driving directions, and in-store visits – aka your local shoppers.
- HIGH return on ad spend and increased performance (especially over time).
- Show up at the top of Google Business/Maps for important searches like “appliance store near me” with an ad which has your store location on a map, a call to action to “Get Directions” and your hours of operation.
What do the ads look like?
What budget should I run for this ad type and for how long?
- This ad type performs best with a budget of $3k/month or higher
- Minimum of $1500/month.
- Run as an evergreen, “always on” campaign – include your differentiators like “Price Match Guarantee” “Family-Owned since 1959” or “Large In Stock Inventory”
- Because this campaign performs best when the creative has time to learn (and is left undisturbed), creative should be changed at maximum every 3 months. Best ran with creative that isn’t time sensitive.
- Minimum run time of 3 months in a row.
WHY?: This is an AI-driven campaign from Google that requires resources over time to learn and optimize like other digital campaigns. The proposed budget and run-time allows you to generate enough
When shouldn’t I use Performance Max?
When you’re running a short term campaign promoting a sale – needs 3 months.
We have seen great success with these campaigns since Google let us have early access to test this ad tactic several months ago. We highly recommend capitalizing on the success we’ve seen with other dealers by adding this to your mix while shopping is still hot through the early months of 2024.
Click to find out more about PMAX and the many benefits of working with AVB Marketing.