It’s important to keep your website merchandised even after the Black November sales have faded because December is another big shopping month! To help keep your profits rolling in, AVB has two new ways to update your website this holiday season.
Vendor Inventory Data:
Did you know that LINQ has RDC data available for several major brands? It’s now easier than ever to keep your customers up to date on what products are available, and there are multiple ways you can use this data in LINQ to affect your ALTA website. The goal is always to generate more sales and utilizing inventory data is a great way to do that. Here are some ways to use it:
- Display the vendor inventory data directly on the product detail page of your website.
- Create flag rules for products with call-outs like “Available to Ship,” “Delivery in 5-7 Days” or whatever works best for your business.
- Create status rules based on availability. Unavailable in the RDC? Your rule can remove the product from the site. Available in the RDC? Let’s have your rule turn that on so customers can buy it.
For HUB users, vendor inventory is helpful too. The columns can be added to the HUB view so your sales team can see inventory levels in the vendor RDC. Armed with this information, they can generate more sales and increase customer satisfaction.
Calculated Custom Columns:
Have a complex formula for pricing or inventory? We have a tool to support that! The new formula builder in LINQ allows you to create formulas and associate them to a custom column to generate the values you need. This column can then be used in rules or displayed directly on the product detail page of your ALTA website. Here are some examples:
- Pricing formulas
- Comparisons with competitor pricing. (These values can then be used for things like putting the price in the cart if the big box is below compliant.)
- Modifications to warehouse data to calculate things like dealer cost, landed cost, etc.
- Inventory totals across multiple locations.
- And so much more!
HUB users can also take advantage of Calculated Custom Columns. Just create the custom formulas you’d like to see on the LINQ side and then add the columns to your HUB view.
As always, the AVB team is here to help so if you have questions on how to use these tools or need help setting up the merchandising, reach out to your AVB rep for support.
Laura Dake is LINQ Senior Product Manager for AVB Marketing. She is responsible for bringing new features of the proprietary e-commerce merchandising tool to market.